We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.do-safety.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Do Safety
Contact Name: James Owers
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 135 Chapel Road, West Bergholt, Essex, CO6 3EZ
Telephone number: +44 (0)1206 258791
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information from you when you register on our website, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form, correspond with us (by phone, e-mail or otherwise) or participate in discussion boards, competitions or other social media functions of our websites. When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card and/or other information.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used to process transactions.
We may automatically collect the following information on each visit you make to our website:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter with into with you. In this case, we may not be able to fulfil a product or other item you have requested from us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
USE OF YOUR DATA
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include the trusted third parties listed below. However, no personally identifiable visitor information will be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us - we may use this information:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and products that you request from us;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our goods or services; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you - we may use this information:
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we collect about you - we may use this information:
- combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you;
- use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Note that we may process your data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. At times throughout your online journey on our website, you will be asked to accept or decline certain marketing features.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us or if you provided us your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have opted in to receive that marketing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers whereby we are legally obliged to do so. Where we have given you or you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, including your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password.
We have put in place appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
No personal information will be transferred to a third party located outside of the EEA, unless we are certain that an adequate level of protection exists in relation to the processing of that information (e.g. model clauses).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before or when collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data [or by logging into the website to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you]. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You have the right to access information held about you as well as to request that information be deleted or corrected (as appropriate). You may also object to or request a restriction on our processing of your data. Where we are relying on your consent to process your data, you can withdraw that consent at any time, although withdrawal will mean that we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) is the supervisory authority in the UK for data protection issues and will deal with all complaints about the collection and use of your information - for more information visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns/. We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.